Front Page Forums Covid-19 Forum Delivery After 8 pm Curfew

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      FoodSheikh
      Keymaster

Are you still delivering food after 8 pm? What permits do your drivers carry, if any? Any issues with being stopped by authorities and questioned?

Stasha
      Participant

Our staff was stopped & questioned by the police in front of the restaurant tonight. Police let them go but it was a very unpleasant experience as they didn’t seem to be certain if restaurant workers are exempted from the curfew. Also, road cameras keep taking pictures of cars even the move permit has been suspended. The whole situation feeds people with fear and makes them feel unsafe coming to and from work.

FoodSheikh
      Keymaster

Yes – Samer over at Akiba Dori put this up in his Twitter account –

“Hello @DubaiPoliceHQ – thank you for all that you do for us! And on behalf of thousands of restaurants in Dubai, if our staff can’t leave after 8 PM, we can’t deliver food to the good people of Dubai. Please let us all know how our chefs can drive home after 8? (@DXBMediaOffice)”

Then he updated it –

“UPDATE: I just spoke to a gentleman at the @moiuae and he said a valid EID & labor card is enough for restaurant staff to carry with them when driving home after their shifts.”

However, there is still confusion, as your rightly pointed out, Stasha. He followed up with this final tweet –

“A police officer told one of my chefs that the radar cameras are on & he’ll get fines for sure unless I go and speak to the police. Hence the added confusion amongst my staff.”

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.